Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day Due to Storm Nimo/Charlotte

Apparently the storm that is hitting the Northeast right now has 2 names. The weather channel is calling it, "Nemo" and the Connecticut station WFSB is calling it "Charlotte". Well, whatever it's called, I am loving it! It is Friday afternoon at 4:52 p.m. The weather outside is not "frightful" yet, but the predictions are that it will become that way soon. We have about 4 inches of snow on the ground right now. It's been snowing all day but mounting up slowly. Now we are gearing up for blizzard conditions with heavy snow and winds tonight. We are expecting another 8 - 14 inches to total the predicted 12 - 18 inches. Chuck is concerned about losing power. I am absolutely thrilled. I love snow. And the more the better. As I look out the window now, the porch and railing are covered with white fluffy snow. The tree branches in the many trees behind the deck are all covered with beautiful white snow. And it's still snowing. For years we were stuck in two different houses during snowstorms, in 2 different towns. This is the first big storm we have been able to be together for, and I couldn't be happier. In a little bit he is going to start a fire in the fireplace. We are getting ready to have a very relaxing evening after both working on our computers for most of the day. Call me a romantic, but I love being stuck in the house with the love of my life with a fire in the fireplace, a glass of red wine, and the snow swirling around outside. Now if I can just get Chuck to relax and enjoy it as well, we'll both have an enjoyable night. Wishing you all cozy and romantic nights... Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment