Friday, February 22, 2013

In Sickness and in Health

I miss my husband. Chuck and I have actually been together here in Connecticut for the past week, but when we were in Las Vegas, I came down with the flu. This means, for the past 7 days, I have been staying as far away as I can from him so he wouldn't get sick. I also have been blowing my nose, coughing and hacking day and night, feeling achy and generally miserable every day. Yesterday was the first day I have actually felt more like myself. And last night was the first time in one week that I was able to snuggle next to him before drifting off to sleep. And kiss him goodnight. And hold his hand. When there is nothing to prevent a husband and wife from kissing and cuddling, I think many couples take it for granted and don't take advantage of it. I have realized now that it is a vital part of our relationship and I miss it when I can't have it. So, now we are entering into a very good phase of our relationship...the 'I miss you and I want to hold your hand and kiss you all the time" mode. So look out Chuck... It's going to be a cozy weekend, and although you and I promised to love each other in sickness and in health, we had the sickness last week and this week we are going to enjoy the health!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment