Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rabbit Hill Inn Getaway

Chuck and I just got back from a wonderful romantic few days at the Rabbit Hill Inn in Lower Waterford, Vermont. Oh my gosh, talk about an absolutely wonderful and relaxing experience. We have Chuck's friends Bob and Ken from the COLA group to thank for this experience. We received a gift certificate to this Inn from them and their wives as a wedding gift, and haven't been able to use it. But we decided that Wednesday through Friday was the right time. And we used it to celebrate our second anniversary. From the moment we arrived we had a wonderful, romantic and relaxing experience. The owners and staff could not do enough for us. It was amazing to have someone care about us and our needs so well. And it never felt phony. It always felt as though they genuinely cared about us. During our time there, we played checkers, read, explored Vermont, took a walk down a country road at night, took another walk in the morning through the woods to the Connecticut River, sat on the front porch in wicker rocking chairs and watched hummingbirds feed while drinking champagne, relaxed while listening to romantic cds in front of the fireplace in our room, and enjoyed home cooked meals of the kind I have never experienced before. One of the things I especially liked was that there were no TVs in the rooms or in the inn at all. Internet service was available if you brought a laptop, but I never even opened my laptop once! For those of you who know me well, I LOVE my computer and am on it daily, so that's saying a lot. In the past, I was never one to like inns and B and B's much because I always felt like I was living in someone's house, and that has always felt awkward to me. But this experience was very different. And the food was to die for. The breakfasts were especially good. And each afternoon we were treated to afternoon tea with pink lemonade one day, iced tea another, and delicious pastries each day. It was a truly amazing experience and we will go back there because the time alone away from it all helped us reconnect with each other and remember to stop and smell the roses...uh well, actually to rest together for awhile and watch the hummingbirds! I will be writing a whole review of the Inn and our experience there and publishing it on Hub Pages within the month. But for now, I just wanted to share our experience with all of you. It was a truly wonderful getaway and I highly recommend this inn to any of you that want a romantic getaway. Although browsing the website is fun, it doesn't do justice to the experience of actually staying there, but here's the website: http://www.rabbithillinn.com/ More to come when I do the review, and you will love the pictures I took!

No comments:

Post a Comment