Friday, August 31, 2012

Countdown to Becoming a Full Time Wife

In 21 days, I will be making a very big change in my life. I will become full time wife to my husband Chuck. We got married on August 1, 2010. I had 3 teens at me the time, 2 who lived with me, and their brother who lived on his own. The girls did not want to move into Chuck's house because it is 30 minutes away from my home that they grew up in, as well as their school and friends. There were some other personality issues that came into play as well, so we have each been living in separate houses, 30 minutes away from each other. The plan has been that this Fall, when they turn 18, I would move into Chuck's home and it would become "our" home. We have spent every other weekend together when the girls were at their Dad's, and as much time together as we could given our busy schedules during the days in between. It has been hard, and Chuck has the patience of a saint. BUT,on September 20th, my twin daughters will turn 18, and on the 21st, I will be leaving my home and moving into Chuck's home with him. One of my daughters will be leaving for college in September, and the other one will most likely move in with her Dad. My house will go on the market in the not too distant future. For the past few months I have been preparing for the move. I have been emptying out my house, clearing clutter, making a list of repairs that need to be done before the house can go on the market, and preparing for a huge yard sale to get rid of the excess items that the kids and I have accumulated over the past 24 years. For the most part, I have looked forward to this move. But then I hit a patch where I was concerned about how it will be to live with Chuck every day and night. Will we drive each other crazy with our little quirks? Of course I was most concerned with mine....hopefully I don't have too many that will drive him crazy! Will we disagree about routines since we already have our own routines that we follow separately? Last weekend, we had an amazing time together, and I could actually picture the two of us happily cohabiting and forgiving each others quirks as we get used to them. So, we are down to 3 more weeks. I am excited, nervous, and looking forward to being chuck's full time wife instead of the part time role I have been living for the past 2 years. And as each day goes by, I get more and more excited. Stay tuned for more blog entries as we get closer to the move in day!

No comments:

Post a Comment