Monday, June 25, 2012

A Hug Can Make My Day

The other day, both Chuck and I spent the whole day together, working at home. He was sitting on one side of the dining room table working away on his computer, and I was on the other side writing on mine. We spent about 5 hours like that, sitting across from each other, taking a break only to use the rest room, or to get a drink of water, etc. We took a short rest after that, and it wasn't until dinner time, as he was walking by me, that I stopped him, put my arms around him, and gave him a hug. When he hugged me back, it was as though the whole day's worth of tension, of working on our respective computers, faded away, and all that was left was this incredible love I have for this man, and the feeling of his arms around me, loving me back. We had spent all day together, but I felt more connected to him in those few seconds than I had all day. I have always heard about the importance of physical contact between couples, and how it helps a relationship thrive. But it really hit home to me on that particular day that it really can do wonders to remind two people how much they care about each other. So I highly recommend hugging your partner daily. Dare I say a hug a day keeps the divorce lawyers away???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment