Monday, January 2, 2012

Sweepstakes Can Be Romantic!

Back in May, I met a woman who told me that she enters sweepstakes for a living. I was rather surprised and dubious, especially when she told me that she is so successful at it that her husband was able to quit his job!!! That sounded like something I wanted to know more about. But I actually never got around to looking at her website till June. I went to her website and found she has hundreds of sweepstakes listed for people to enter...for FREE! And her website is free to access as well. This seemed to be too good to be true, but I started reading the stories of people who entered and what they won, and I was hooked! I started entering sweepstakes that I found listed on her website. The very first thing I won was a coupon for a free bottle of Axe body wash...which was great because my 20 year old son uses it. We went to the store and he found a bottle with a free Axe shampoo sample attached. So we not only won the body wash but shampoo as well. Now I was definitely hooked. In August, I happened to discover a show on TV about people who also entered sweepstakes for a living. It was very exciting, although those people enter daily, and some do it 8 hours per day, as a job. And they win big. So I continued to enter sweepstakes. Over the Summer, things were a bit slow, but by Fall, they began to pick up. I do believe that Chuck was a bit doubtful about my new hobby. But being the loving husband that he is, and already knowing I am a little bit crazy, he went along with it, and I have to give him credit, he NEVER told me I was wasting my time. Slowly, I started to win things, and he is on board now. Here's a list of what I won in 2011: 1 bottle of Axe Body wash, 1 Fleece blanket from Sealy Posturpedic, 1 Toilet paper roll cover from Cottonelle (this was my funniest win), 4 Uno Card games, including a battery operated game, AND 26 coupons for a free family sized Stouffer's frozen meal( a combined sweepstakes offered by the makers of UNO and Stouffers), a large tea mug and 1 quart of Chai tea, another blanket, this one from Robittussin, a blue diamond, a $10 gift card to Amazon.com, and my 2 favorite prizes...just in time for the holidays...a Merry Little Makeover from a local hair salon, which gave me $350 worth of hair care services ( had to be used all at once on one day), AND this just came last week: a $100 American Express Gift card!!! That was so exciting. I used the Merry Little Makeover prize in time to look great to go out to dinner with Chuck on New Year's Eve, and I am going to use the $100 gift card to take him out for a nice romantic dinner somewhere because, being the gentleman that he is, whenever we go out to dinner, he pays the bill. Now for once, I get to treat him. It is so much fun to enter sweepstakes with the hopes of winning. I don't have time to do it daily, but I try to. If you are at home, work from home, or work part time, you probably can do this daily. If not, and you work full time, you can still fit sweepstakes into your life by entering whenever you have an extra hour or two. And you never know what fun things you might win, to add a little excitement to your life, and be able to treat your spouse to something fun. There are all kinds of prizes offered, depending on which sweepstakes you enter. There are prizes of money, trips, clothing, gift cards, food, cars, furniture, household goods, computers, TVs, ipods,etc. Everything you can imagine. The goal of the sweepstakes site that I have been finding sweepstakes on is "to win what you can't afford." And it's SO much fun. If you are interested in starting to enter sweepstakes yourself, go to this website, and start finding out all about this great hobby...and maybe you can treat your spouse to something extra too: http://sweetiessweeps.com/

Have fun, and let me know if you win anything!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I have only signed up to win the HGTV Dream Home. Never thought about all the "stuff" you could be winning. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the wins. Welcome to the world of sweeps. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jayne and Donna. Yes, the sweeps are so much fun and addicting too. I think I will continue to be surprised at what I win...and it's fun to surprise Chuck too.

    ReplyDelete